Ich danke Ihnen.
I was gratified and surprised to be selected for a Liebster Award from author and musician Olivia Slocum. http://theclaymoreandsurcoat.com See that URL? How can one resist a claymore and surcoat? Click on over, say hello, check out her work, and bring chocolate. 🙂
I don’t think I’ve responded to one of these before – honestly, it’s been a weird year – but I’m going to give it the good ol’ college try. Because I have vague memories of college…
For those I’ve nominated for this award, listed below, this is the gig:
- Go say hello to Olivia and comment on her blog! 🙂
- List eleven unknown facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions I’ve got below for y’all.
- Choose your own eleven nominees (or as many as you can find!) and send them YOUR post with YOUR questions…
And the cycle continues!
So, “liebster” means “dearest” in German (my brother is a scholar and speaks the language fluently), so I’ll try to think of nice things for my FACTS.
I am unsure if anything is really unknown about me, since I’ve been dashing to and fro throughout ether-space since the last millennium, but one can try, yes?
- My given name is actually Sandi. It’s on my birth certificate spelled just that way.
- When I was born, my hair was carrot red and curly. I have no idea why it changed but I’ve always been rather sad that it did.
- I like salted dark chocolate. Lindt makes a good bar just like that.
- Having been trapped in an elevator (my own fault) at a young age gave me claustrophobia, I think. Except in elevators. I don’t get it.
- I do things with an eight-count. Like a dancer or cheerleader. Up and down stairs, brushing my teeth, sweeping… Just about everything.
- I once was a choreographer. Not professionally, but yeah. It’s something no one would guess by looking at me.
- I threw furniture as a Sunday School teacher. In my defense, the lesson was on Jesus in the Temple courtyard doing likewise. It was fun.
- Every book I’ve written has at least one thing in it that only a handful of people will “get” when they read it. Private, inside jokes or memories.
- Special K Red Berries is my current favorite cereal.
- I bought myself a 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch doll. I looked and looked until I found one with coloring similar to my own children. 🙂
- I find teaching from Scripture is the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done.
Meh. I guess I’m not good with finding “nice” things, eh?
Eleven questions from Olivia:
- What’s your favorite vacation destination and why? Someplace quiet and uncrowded. The desert would be ideal. I miss it.
- What’s your favorite book? I don’t have A favorite. I have a bunch of favorites. Timeline by Michael Crichton. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. And about 100 more. lol
- What do you like on pizza? Mozzarella, spinach, and mushrooms.
- Do you have a favorite song? No…but I tend to exercise to 80’s pop. 🙂
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? 10% to God. 10% for play. Then work on house modifications, college funds, etc.
- What was your favorite pet? I have had two desert tortoises, both of whom were acquired before they were illegal to own. They were my favorite pets.
- If you had a time machine, where would you go? Nowhere. I’d rather let my brain imagine the past and I’d be wary of visiting the future.
- Do you wish I would stop asking so many questions? Sometimes, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
- If you found a magic lamp and were given three wishes, what would they be? Contentment for those I love. A house that was powered by air, wind, and water. To be forever at my ideal weight. 😉
- How many cups of coffee do you drink in one day? One. In the morning within the first half hour from waking up or I get a headache. I am an addict.
- Where do you see yourself in ten years? I’ll be closing in on sixty years of age by then, so I hope I am still writing, smiling, and at a keyboard. Somewhere. 🙂
My questions for my nominees:
- What huge plot twist would you love to insert into any major movie?
- Apple juice or orange juice?
- Favorite literary villain?
- What class in high school OR college did you most try to get out of?
- What class in high school OR college did you wish you could repeat because it was that interesting?
- Tennis shoes or sneakers?
- What movie do you find yourself quoting most often? Why?
- And lastly, When you are mentioned by someone as being most influential in their life, why will that someone mention you?
And my nominees for the LIEBSTER AWARD are….
- Janine at http://thewritesavage.wordpress.com
- Sare at http://sareliz.com
- Kim Rendfeld at http://kimrendfeld.wordpress.com
- Jennifer and Melissa at http://fightforyourwrite.com
- Warren at http://warrencbennett.wordpress.com
- Kristina at http://standardofgrace.net
- L. Palmer at http://lpalmerchronicles.com
- Jack at http://jackflacco.com
Yes, I have eight. This means, Nominees, that you can have EIGHT, TOO.
That’s why I have only eight questions. 🙂 Hey, it’s Summer Vacation. 🙂