Hello! I am back online again and all wow’d to be able to say hi to people.
It is odd, how that happens.
One of the coolest things about having so many friends via the Internet is that when I relocate, you are still where you always are. 🙂
Okay, so the move:
We were safe on the entire journey. I am thankful for all the prayers that were said on our behalf. My sister and I had a good trip and rocked to the 80’s (she is tolerant of Big Sister’s musical tastes) and even danced in the car. Good thing no one got us on video. 😀 I did most of the driving, but she kept me focused and handled the last leg of things (through D.C. and Baltimore) for me.
My in-laws live here in Maryland, and they were COMPLETELY AMAZING. Well, they ARE. So, they cleaned up the new house for us, painting walls and sanding and sealing oak floors. How awesome is that? So that was very cool.
We live across the street from Cyclone’s (aka Big Guy’s) new school, so I was able to walk over this morning to try to register him. Whew.
Weird Moments of the Move:
- It is HOT up here. I moved from hot and sticky Southwest Florida to hot and sticky Central Maryland. And here…the A/C decided to die on us and flood the basement. Thankfully, we have been able to alleviate the situation and have some cool ideas for upgrades. 😀
- Whereas I didn’t even have a hangnail during the drive up here (told you, people were praying!) I did manage to fracture my foot as we were moving in furniture. At least, I think that’s what I did. I didn’t go to Urgent Care…but I did have a crunched foot and extensive bruising and swelling and a slight mobility issue that continues to trouble me. Not enough to get it fixed. I mean, I have to run up and down stairs several times a day…and I have no car during the day…so who has time to go to a doc? What’ll they do? Say, “Stay off of it.” Ha! Like that’s an option? Nope.
- My new kitchen is bigger, square-footage-wise, than my old kitchen but I lack wall space to add supplemental cupboards as I had before. So… Spouse is going to build me a new pantry. 😀
- The hot water pipes shake, rattle and roll when Spousal Unit takes his morning shower. At 4:45 a.m. I think, maybe, we’re becoming adjusted to it because I got no visitor (LG, Little Guy, Builder) this morning when this happened.
- I have gas. I mean, you know, appliances. This is odd for me! I am learning. 😀
- The kids are locked in the basement. Okay, not locked, but that’s where their rooms are. Yes, I shunt my kids underground… and I think BG has a bigger room. Go figure. 😉
- Someone put 220-Volt wiring in the master bedroom. Yep. New vacuum cleaner went POW. Thankfully, no one was hurt. But a vacuum is totally burnt out at the moment. WHO DOES THAT? The electrical plate was NOT fronted as it should have been for a 220-volt outlet. It looked totally innocuous. Gracious.
- LG tried to call my cell from the new house phone…and mis-dialed. Someone in South Florida is probably still wondering how someone got his cell number.