God is like this.
He is not Santa Claus. He’s a contractor. Knowing the exact parameters of a situation, he lines up what is needed to take care us in such a way as we will have what we need. Provided, of course, that folks are listening and not trying to do it THEIR way.
“God, I want a house with big bedrooms. I want a safe neighborhood. Good schools. I want a manageable mortgage, Lord. I want… I want...”
Seriously, though, the parameters were tight, here.
- Reasonable commute for Spousal Unit
- Safety for our family.
- Enough bedrooms for each of us.
- Schools for the kids
- A timeframe that would likely tax the escrow division of whatever real estate law firm/lender/agency Spousal Unit would be working with up there.
- Having my shy-with-strangers-and-that’s-why-he-married-me spouse have to talk to people. On his own.
- And only one move would be nice so as not to have to rent trucks and so on twice.
- Oh, and we need to be moved in by the first of August because I have two kids to register for school. Yeah, that.